In a May, 2016 article, Donna Marie Coles Johnson listed five reasons that homemade items are still popular:
1. Handmade is the new American manufacturing.
2. It's human nature to value creative spirit.
3. Handmade items are crafts in the spirit of joy, honor, and respect.
4. A Handmade item cannot be duplicated.
5. Everything is more beautiful when it's made with a heart.
These are all still true a year and a half later and I suspect it will be for some time to come. Want to read the entire article? See the link below. What are you making by hand today, and for whom?